Awake by Anjuli Paschall

 


Paying Attention to What Matters Most in a World that's Pulling You Apart

This is such a good, good book. What will it take for us to wake up and really live life? 

Wake up to the resurrection and let it squelch your fears. 

Wake up to the safety that is Jesus Christ beside me.

Wake up to the power of Christ that can smash the idols I hold fiercely tight.

Anjuli shares through personal anecdotes her journey to being awake and it is her desire for each of us to be awake and to live each moment and to walk the journey with Jesus. It's hard for me to put into words exactly what this book meant to me. I quoted it extensively in my journal and it is the desire of my heart to lay down my idols and let Jesus take control of my life, to live in the power of Christ's resurrection to overcome my fears and monsters. 

"I am not a statue. I am a human. Don't worship me, be with me. My identity, importance, and worth aren't found in being a good mom, wife, daughter, or friend, but in the One who calls me beloved."  This is what I want--an identity that doesn't have to prove myself with what I can do but that rests in being loved by God. 

When a book really speaks to me and is one I truly love and want to reread, I have a hard time saying what it really means to me and writing a review on it. So I'm just going to say, go read the book. It's absolutely worth it. I would also recommend her other book, "Stay", as well. 

I received this book from Bethany House and was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche