Hadley Beckett's Next Dish by Bethany Turner

Hadley Beckett's Next Dish  -     By: Bethany Turner

"Before you get married, you need to make sure you love him enough for a life of sickness, poorer, and worse. 'Cause that's what you're committing to."  More people need to think on this before they get married. However, the health, richer, and better does help round out a marriage and I believe even in sickness and poverty, you can have the better if you have the right attitude and, most of all, if you have Jesus to guide you.

Other than that quote, this book is one of those that I enjoy reading for the light fluff that it contains. It's not one of those I enjoy writing reviews on because it makes me feel light and fluffy.

But the premise of a cooking show is what made me pick up the book. I enjoy cooking shows, especially the competitive ones and that is how this book starts, it's how the two main characters meet, if you can call it a meeting.

Hadley and Max are opposite, but then Max gets sent away and he changes. He tries to be a nicer person and he is. What I don't like about it is he changes on his own accord, he tries to do it in his own strength.  While there is a hint that Hadley might  believe in Jesus, Max seems to have really nothing and he just powers through with his journal and some mumbo jumbo from his therapist, Buzz.

So if you're looking for a Christian read, this isn't for you. If you're looking for a fluffy, clean read, you might enjoy it. I enjoyed the snappy dialogue and the cooking aspects, though their level of cooking is way beyond the everyday.

I received this book from Revell and was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche