The Bridge to Belle Island by Julie Klassen

The Bridge to Belle Island by Klassen, Julie

Ah, Julie has done it again with a lovely novel that is on the thicker side and makes you want to sink down into a comfy chair with a cup of tea and a scone and read all afternoon.

This one had a taste of mystery in it, who really did commit the murder? This is not a big spoiler because the murder happens within the first chapter, I believe and the rest of the book is built on finding the killer.

But the book doesn't evolve like you would expect and I found myself leafing ahead so I could discover the murderer and I was surprised. And books like that are good.

The island sounds lovely and quaint. I mean who wouldn't want to live on a whole island with a bridge that reaches over to the mainland? How fun does that sound?

Panic/anxiety attacks are real and need to be treated with respect and care, but it does seem like more could have been done for them, but then again, considering the doctor...well you will have to read the book.

One of the verses that stuck out to me in this book was the verse that says, "Be careful for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, let your requests be made known unto God." So there was an underlying theme of God in the book, but it is not a broad mention and God doesn't seem to be very personal to anybody really.

I enjoyed the book and it reminds me that I need to read faster because I would love to go back and read Julie's backlist because there are quite a few I haven't read yet.

I received this book from Bethany House via NetGalley and was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche