100 Ways to Love Your Husband by Lisa Jacobson

100 Ways to Love Your Husband by Jacobson, Lisa

The Simple, Powerful Path to a Loving Marriage

"But I had yet to learn that meeting the right guy is one thing - and loving him year after year is quite another." So says Lisa in her introduction. And I think she is so right. So what are those 100 ways and is Lisa really qualified to talk about them? Well, she has been married for 25 years; that definitely adds credibility to her words, in my opinion at least. She and her husband, Matt, have eight children, one with severe brain damage. Raising eight children, at least one with special needs, and still loving her husband through it all, also increases her credibility.

This book is a fast read, I think it took me around an hour to read it. It is basically a numbered list, one per page, of ways to love your husband. Most items have a paragraph or so expounding on it, some have only a sentence and a few have a two or three-page story to go with it. Most are just common sense items that we think, of course, and yet I needed the reminder once again to go out and truly, selflessly love my husband. I would recommend this book if you feel like you are growing stale in your love for your husband, if you are looking for that pick-me-up reminder of ways to show love, and if you just need the push from behind to give a little more effort to your marriage to take it from good to great.

They are not complicated things, but they do require effort, time, and energy, but that is the cost of relationships. One of the stories she gave was of being exceedingly, over-the-top excited to see a new acquaintance and her husband mentioned that he would like if she was that excited to see him. It's so easy for us to put our best foot forward outside the home and then drag around inside the home. I was convicted of number 13 on the list: Keep the passion burning. The single sentence under it said, "Start a small kitchen fire." And the story that went with it was how she was behind schedule with supper, everyone was hungry and she was frantically chopping vegetables. Her husband came into the kitchen and she couldn't spare him a glance, she was just too busy and frantic. He tried to hug her, but she couldn't lean in because she was too busy trying to get food ready for hungry stomachs. And then she was reminded that hearts need to be filled as well. I do this way too often. Don't get in my way when I'm busy in the kitchen scrambling to get supper on. Just leave me alone and set the table already. But that does nothing to deepen a relationship.

So I thought this was a great little book to have on hand to read through occasionally to provide some ideas of practical ways to love your husband and deepen your marriage.

I received this book from Revell and was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche