It's a Choice People

I'm sitting here on my couch this morning, feeling like it's time again to post something other than a book review. I actually want to post something other than a book review, but will admit to feeling a little uninspired, so I'm not sure what is going to come spewing out from under my fingertips.

It's 7:15 in the morning, the house is quiet, the sun is shining, the corn is providing a beautiful privacy fence for us this time of year, the AC is humming (which makes me happy in and of itself these days), and I realize anew that life is really good right now. Yes, I feel like an off-balanced duck right now, waddling around. D was mocking me the other day when I said that and was saying, "quack quack" and outside the door I hear our own little echo going "quack quack". There's no good reason to get mad at the mocking at that point!!!!

But again, I realize I have so much to be thankful for. I have made it to the final four weeks, I have made it past the dangers and scariness of a premature baby. I'm in the home stretch. And yes, I feel like that home stretch has the potential to stretch out for way longer than I want it to, but it's there and I can do this thing. So I am blessed.

My house is getting a much needed cleaning and organizing, which makes me happy. I am learning to love cleaned off spaces and so our dresser is rather bare with a doily on which sits a very dusty unity candle set that I am determined to burn and an alarm clock and it just makes me so happy!!!  The children's room is ready to accept another occupant, oh wait, the new guy goes in our room for the first while. We aren't ready there. I still need to get the cradle upstairs, but that's for another day. I still need to make a sheet for the cradle that isn't pink and flowery and I'm sure dust the cradle well. But all in good time.

I nearly had a meltdown last night. Amber decided she wanted to sleep in the big bed which she lovingly calls "Hannah's bed". She was all tucked in complete with a comforter rolled up along the edge of the bed to hopefully prevent her from falling out. I could feel the tears in the back of my eyes longing to come leaking out as I looked at her looking all big and grown up in her big bed. And I knew, I knew if she stayed in there all night, that my little girl would be one more step closer to growing up and I knew this momma heart was going to get squeezed a little tighter and there was going to be a moment of panic as I wondered what had happened to her. But as she realized that we were really and truly going to let her sleep there, she popped up and decided she wanted to sleep in her crib after all. Whew!! Meltdown procrastinated. In the three minutes, she had been in the big bed, she had already proclaimed that she just wanted to "lax a little" and then that she couldn't sleep anyway.

I am back in the kitchen and cooking again, another big, big, thing to be grateful for that makes me all happy again. And we have fresh New Jersey peaches to eat. They are well past their prime and I need to throw the rest in the freezer today, but they are so yummy and the Peaches and Cream Sensation and the Peach Cobbler that I made and the Peach Shakes that Dave made have been so utterly yummy. I forget how wonderful and tasty fresh peaches are.  And making food? Fun, fun, fun again. I still have lots of freezer meals for after the young man's debut, but in the meantime, I think I'm going to enjoy some cooking.

So I've only named a few things, but I am so incredibly blessed. And I firmly believe the title of this post, it is a choice. I can choose to be happy or I can choose to be grumpy. And let's face it, I'm not perfect, some days I choose, rather happily even, to be grumpy. But as Amber even knows, it's much happier to be happy.

So you all have a happy August 2nd.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee