Threads of Suspicion By Dee Henderson

Threads of Suspicion (An Evie Blackwell Cold Case) by [Henderson, Dee]

I am a Dee Henderson fan. She is a good author that mixes mystery, crime with romance and can write a pretty good story. But she totally outdid herself on this one. I could totally read lots of this style of fiction.

Cold cases are very interesting to me because they involve a lot of digging and a lot of guess work and not so much  in your fact, heart-stopping crime scenes. It's fascinating to me to watch Evie dig into an old case and see what she can come up with that is different from all the detectives before her. How accurate it is to real life I don't know, but I find it very interesting.

Warning: Spoilers ahead.

So in this book, I don't want to give away too much about the book, but she is working with David, another detective. They are each working their own crime, but float ideas off each other and work back and forth. So you already know where the story is going, right? Wrong. David is in a long-term relationship with a very popular singer.

Why aren't they married, you might ask? Because David became a Christian before they were married and he believes the Bible when it says not to marry an unbeliever and so he refuses to marry his girlfriend as long as she is not a Christian. I really liked David in this book. He is very devoted to God, talks to Him about his job, sees Him as a very personal, all-knowing God. He is committed. And this is good for Evie, the main character, in strengthening her relationship with God. She is also in a relationship, one in which she needs to decide if she wants to get married or not.

This was another reason I loved the book. It didn't turn out as expected and I love that, while there was still a bit of romance, it was actually somewhat of a real-life thing. The two partners working together didn't magically fall in love, etc. etc.

Okay, I feel like I've given enough spoilers about this book. I don't like to do that, but in order to really express why I liked the book, I felt like I needed to. That being said, I said nothing about the cold case files being worked and those are interesting in and of themselves, so go read the book.

I received this book from Bethany House. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee

PRECIOUS CHILD