Love Comes Calling

This book was given me by Bethany House Publishers for the express purpose of reviewing it and stating my opinion on it.

Love Comes Calling by Siri Mitchell

I was really excited to read this book as Siri is one of my friends' favorite authors.  I'm not sure if I got all the apostrophes where they are supposed to go, but anyway.

I will be honest, I was a little disappointed.  Siri painted Ellis as a girl with ADHD back in the 1920's when nobody understood how the brain worked in a case like that.  Ellis definitely couldn't stay on task, but it almost made her out to be a dimwit--alway being reproved and corrected and always disappointing everyone, except of course Griffin, who she was trying to avoid because he actually liked her for who she was.

I do realize that this might have been exactly how a well-to-do person back in the 1920's would have been treated--the oldest daughter had been a disappointment to Ellis' mother and now Ellis was unable to stay on task in a day and age when appearance and performance were all that really mattered to the wealthy.

I would like to read some more books by Siri Mitchell before I decide on whether or not I like her as an author, but this book is not one I would highly recommend for high quality reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

Five Lies of our Anti-Christian Age by Rosario Butterfield