Happy Thanksgiving to All

I had my Thanksgiving post somewhat formulated in my head.  It was the post in which the Eeyore in me was going to come out in a very depressing post purposely posted on Thanksgiving day.  That post is still in my head, but the day has passed and I didn't take the time to get it out on the computer screen.

So instead, I will focus on a little happier things in life.  I am happy because my mom came down yesterday and we shot off to town on a lark and bought material and came home and made 4 purses.  They are quite cute if I must say so myself.  She left around 10 this morning; I finished the purses and then went hunting with D.  That was many hours in a tree stand, but I looked at the Black Friday ads, read, and we played some Rook, so it was some quality and quiet together time.

Tonight, I finished up some Birthday gifts; I'd go into more detail, but one never knows who reads this anymore and I can't risk my secrets being discovered by the wrong person.  But let's just say, that as each project gets completed this early, my inward cheers get a little louder.  You see, in my husband's family, whenever anyone has a significant birthday: 16, 30, 40, etc. it is a tradition to get them as many gifts as they are old.  This year, D's sisters turned 30 and 40 and that makes a lot of little gifts to get around, 5-8 per person.  But I am happy, because most of my gifts this year will be handmade.  Handmade makes me smile, and sometimes I think it makes D groan, but all in all I think he approves so far of my gifts.

But now, I must retire and get some shut-eye.  It's Black Friday tomorrow and we are going shopping.  Now, the we is NOT D and I.  I don't think that would last long, but the we is my co-workers and/or wives. It promises to be delightful.

My dreary, Eeyore like post in which I talk about the depressing days at work will have to wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee

PRECIOUS CHILD