Not working out so well

This third decade things isn't working out so well for me.  I told my co-worker today that I think I will have to skip the 30's and go straight to the 40's.  She thought maybe old age would be easier to handle than sickness?  I don't know, but being sick has sure not blossomed into anything wonderful.

I don't get sick and I certainly don't get the "flu", and I don't run fevers either.  All of these high-falutin' statements have crumbled around my feet in the last 5 days.  I have been sick, I have run fevers up to 101.5, and I think I got the icky nasty "flu".  Sick enough, that the flu shot is sounding very tempting for next year and I am one that laughs at that shot.  But since Saturday afternoon, all that has gotten done around this joint was the dishes one time (and then not even put away yet).  And now, I did manage to get a load of laundry in the washer and dryer and need to dredge up the courage to get off the couch and go put another load in.

I really am starting to feel better.  The achiness is pretty much gone now, so I am on the mend, but this is just so unusual for me.

It's frustrating to me really.  I had determined to be a better housekeeper starting this week.  I was going to keep the counter tops cleared off and the living room cleaned up and the bathroom tidied and for sure the bed made.  Has any of those things happened?  Nope!!!  But, the one advantage is, when you don't feel good, not much gets messed up either.  So in all honesty, it doesn't look too terrible around here either.

So that's really all I have to say: be thankful for good health.  It really is quite priceless and I am grateful today that I can sit here in relative comfort without feeling like my joints are being shaken apart and rattled around.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

April Reads

PRECIOUS CHILD