The Happy Crab by Layla and Kevin Palmer

 


Illustrated by Guy Wolek

This is the story of a crab who loves adventure. He will go where ever he can in his quest to see what he can discover. But one day, he is lifted out of the water and taken away and what will happen to him now?

I got this book last week in the mail and I have read it aloud at least four times. My four-year-old son loves the story. 

I like how Kevin and Layla made the story their story showcasing their biracial family. I thought the illustrations were also well done.

But in all honesty, the story doesn't grab me like it grabs my four-year-old son. I feel like there's something missing. Other than the crab being happy there is no real moral to the story, it's just a nice story. And while I have no problems with just a nice story, I like when stories drive home a truth that I hope will stick with my kiddos. However, as it stands now, I have many more readings of this book to undergo until my son tires of it. 

I received this book from Bethany House and was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche