Until I Met You by Tari Faris

 

That picture encapsulates what the book is about: romance with all the fictional ups and downs. It's chick flick supreme reading, but also funny and clean.  

Despite all that, I'm left asking the question: what is God trying to teach me here? I have been reading light fiction at a rapid rate, partly because I have review books that I am very far behind on reviewing, partly because I have been taking a little more time to read, and partly because I am enjoying the break from the hard stuff of life.  But the last two books I have read have really talked a lot about forgiveness and how important it is in a Christian's life. And it leaves me wondering, is there something I need to forgive in my own life, someone I need to forgive so that I can move on?  It's a challenge to think about. 

"Forgiveness is never deserved. It's a gift. If you earn a gift, it's not a gift anymore - it's a wage. The way I see it, if people deserved forgiveness, then there is really nothing to be forgiven...."

"Unforgiveness breeds anger and bitterness....spills all over those close to you."

So there you have it, some key thoughts from this book. The rest of the book also had some good things to say, but there was also a lot of drama and such like that goes along with the genre that book is in. 

Austin is in over his head with unforgiveness, business problems, and a troublesome girl next door. And Libby is battling wounds and finding healing and trying to start over. You already know how this works out, but throw in some small town fun and it's a nice little getaway book.

I received this book from Revell and was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche