The Secrets of the Happy Soul by Katie Orr

Secrets of the Happy Soul: Experience the Deep Delight You Were Made For

Experience the Deep Delight You Were Made For

First off, is that not a pretty cover. I think that drew me in at first. It's just a spring-looking, happy cover and makes you want to pick the book up.

"There is a direct relationship to our view of God and our experience of all He's promised us."

That is the premise of the book. I think if the word happy bothers you, it can be easily interchanged with joy. This is  not a flippant happiness, but a happiness that comes from knowing who God is and who you are in God. It's a happiness that comes from focusing on God, following His will, depending on Him and being surrendered to God as King.

This is an excellent resource for someone who is new in their Christian journey or for someone like me, who has been a Christian for years, but needs the reminder that there is more to this journey than just following a list of dos and donts. I needed to hear that "Focusing on God is not a one time action, it is a lifelong pursuit. And as we seek to know God better, He will become bigger and grander...."

The book was well-written and easy to understand and I enjoyed it. I'll end with a couple quotes that stuck out to me when I was reading.

"A weak shallow root system leads to a superficial faith. A strong, anchored root system leads to a vibrant faith. Shallow sips produce scarity roots. Deep drinks provide a broad base."

"I cannot be at home with Jesus and be at war with His people." This is so true, but so hard to live out.

I received this book from Bethany House and was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche