My Heart Ever His by Barbara Rainey

My Heart, Ever His: Prayers for Women  -     By: Barbara Rainey

Prayers for Women

This is a collection of 40 prayers and sitting here during Co-Vid 19, there were many that were quite applicable.

"We also know You well enough to know our days are numbered; we do not know what tomorrow may bring. This knowledge is in Your safekeeping that we might trust You above our own abilities to control, as we are so prone to do."  How much I need this right now. I know that God is in control, but I need the reminder that my future is in His safekeeping.

Just so many fitting prayers. Quite a few of the prayers offered an explanation at the end as to what prompted Barbara to write the prayer in the first place. I can relate to the writing of prayers, sometimes I feel like I can pray better, stay for focused if I write my prayer down and then read it. It can feel like a deeper connection, in some way, more meaningful perhaps, I'm not sure how to describe it.

Another quote that I wrote down was this: "...but doing the ordinary can tarnish the holy."  This was written in the context of Sabbath keeping. There's something to be said for taking time apart to worship and to reflect on a holy God. I think the opposite can also be true that the holy can be found in the ordinary, but that's the line we like, because that permits us to continue our normal pace because we think that we will find something holy there. But recognizing that the ordinary can tarnish the holy forces us to slow down and to ponder.

The book itself is quite pretty and would make a lovely Mother's Day gift. It's a hardcover book with a ribbon bookmark. Each prayer has a title, so you could pick one at random or read them in order. Either way, I think you will be blessed.

I received this book from Bethany House and was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche