Murder, Motherhood, and Miraculous Gracy by Debra Moerke with Cindy Lambert

Murder, Motherhood, and Miraculous Grace: A True Story

A True Story

Heartrending, amazing, horrific, redemptive, abuse, forgiveness. This book has it all. I feel like this has to be a true story because you can't make stuff like this up.

Debra is a foster mom and takes in a family of five. I don't want to give a lot of details, but there was an unprecedented order to send the children back to their mom. This caused great concern and well it should have for the end result. 

But then Debra is asked to do a really hard thing and she wants to say no so very bad, but she feels God telling her to say yes and it leads to something beautiful, but still hard.

I don't know how to describe this book without giving any spoilers, but it was so good and so sad and so redemptive and so heart-wrenching. But it was amazing to see God at work in changing lives and providing forgiveness even though there are still consequences for sin.

"But life isn't a fairy tale, and we are not owed blissful happy endings. We are called to run the race marked out for us until we are called heavenward...." This was so good and so needed now in my own life when I want hard things to just go away and let me live happily ever after. 

"It is through heartache, heartbreak, and pain that I grow you, Deb. But I have given you a free will so that you can choose. Will you live or become bitter and die? Will you allow me to work in your life in the way I see best to encourage the most positive possible outcome, or will you be satisfied to live small and crippled within your own limited boundaries?"  This is what Deb felt God telling her and it is again so what I need to hear.

This was a really good book and I raced through it.

I received this book from Tyndale via NetGalley and was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche