Mama Kisses, Papa Hugs by Lisa Tawn Bergren; Illustrated by Aleksander Zolotic

Mama Kisses, Papa Hugs

It's been a long time since I've had the opportunity to review a hardback children's book and I jumped at the chance to do so now. I just feel like you can't have too many good quality children's books in your library.

This is a sweet book about a little boy who thinks he is too old for his mom's kisses and too big for his dad's hugs. It's humorous as the mom and dad come up with animals and how they hug or kiss. The boy really doesn't want hugs or kisses like that, so of course, he decides that he isn't too old or too big for kisses and hugs from mama and papa.

My daughter also wasn't a big fan of getting a kiss like sloth or a hug like an elephant either, so it was fun to read it to her and tease her a bit with it. I think the story is really cute and the theme of family and love is right on.

I wasn't as big of a fan of the illustrations, especially of the people. The illustrations of the animals were cute, almost whimsical even, but the pictures of the family just didn't quite cut it for me. But overall it's a nice book and I am happy to add it to our overflowing library of children's books.

I received this book from Waterbrook Multnomah and was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche