On a Summer Tide by Suzanne Woods Fisher

On a Summer Tide

"One thing I know for sure, you either get bitter or better by what life throws at you."

This is my takeaway quote from this book. And it is so true, but something I forget way too easily.

This is a nice breezy summer read. Set on an island, the feel is warm and sunshiny. I mean what can go wrong on an island? But wait, there's the missing lobster, the painters who don't show up, the mayor who's a real character and then there's Peg, who you just have to love. But, none of these are the main characters, the three sisters who are here to help their dad out, to help restore a long-held dream.

And, of course, there's romance. I mean it's a nice summer read after all, isn't that what you would expect? I will say this romance is fairly understated, things go wrong and things go very right, but not necessarily as you would guess. There's not a defined ending, but I'm guessing there are more books coming. There are three sisters after all and this book highlighted the older sister. I don't know for sure there are more books, but I would surely hope so, because there are many unanswered questions.

There's a seven-year-old boy who has seen enough trauma in his life to last an adult and he's coping with string and what does that mean and how should it be handled?  I hope I have given you enough clues to pique your interest and not so many as to make you go no way.

I received this book from Revell and was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee

PRECIOUS CHILD