The Relationally Intelligent Child by John Trent, PhD and Dewey Wilson, PhD

 


Five Keys to Helping Your Kids Connect Well With Others

As I started reading the book, I wasn't immediately drawn in. It felt like a lot of time was taken writing about what they were gonna write about and where to go get more resources. But once they got into the five keys, I found it helpful and good to read about. In all honesty, a lot of the information shared would be things that I already work at every day. Did I need reminding? Yes, yes I did. I am not always the intentional mom I would like to be. 

Attachment, resilience, wise decisions, etc comprise the five keys to relational intelligence. At this point, teaching resilience when told no is the biggest hurdle in this household and it's one I have been working on more intentionally since reading this book. 

I think my biggest takeaway from this book would be to continue to be intentional with my children and to guard their use of technology. Make sure they know how to hold face-to-fact conversations and have learned the art of getting along with people in their physical worlds, not their online worlds. 

I received this book from Northfield Publishing, formerly Moody Press, and was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche