This is Not a Book Review

 I don't know if you are as sick of seeing book reviews on my blog as I am of writing them. I enjoy reading new books, but I struggle to get the reviews done in a timely fashion and then I struggle to write anything of substance between reviews. But I am working hard to get caught up on my reading this winter, so lots of book reviews it is. 

If you are expecting substance today, you will be sadly disappointed. It's not that kind of blog post. It's more of a blog post to say that I can write something other than blog reviews. I was going to write a couple blog posts last month or so I said in my monthly goals, but then I got sidetracked by attempting some writing for a new magazine that is coming out.

My friend, Kerra Troyer, is putting together a mothering magazine that is different from a lot of other magazines out there. For one, there is no subscription, no confirmed time line for each new magazine. Kerra is a young mom with four little children and she recognizes that deadlines will not serve her family well. I can so appreciate a mom who can recognize her limits and be okay with saying them. I, too often, think I can surely handle this little project yet before lunch or today or this week and then I overcommit and you know who suffers? Yeah, my family. 

So this magazine will be geared toward mothers, but will not be time-sensitive. You can pick it up anytime and find relevant articles in it. I'm so excited about it and am eagerly looking forward to its release, which might be sometime this fall. 

Today is Easter or Resurrection Sunday. What an amazing thing to be part of the only religion in the world where the main leader is actually still alive? Do we fully grasp the significance of the Resurrection? Do we fully grasp how much Jesus did for us when He died for us on Calvary, but then rose again so we can have a full and secure hope in Him, so we can have forgiveness and life eternal? Amazing love!!!

It's also the time of year of new growth. We were at a friend's house for lunch today and her one bunch of crocuses had burst forth into a glorious purple bloom. Ah springtime, what a delight you are with your drab browns interspersed with your bursts of color. And yet, to experience that color, in this part of the country, you have to plant in the fall, let it lie in the ground and be frozen and hope that it will come alive in the early spring in full splendor.  Seeing those crocuses reminded me that that is something I want to do this fall. I want to be a part of bringing color to a drab brown spring!! Something about those first blooms in the spring---they are just prettier than any other flowers, aren't they? New life, new hope.

And now it's Sunday afternoon and I am ready to move on to the next thing, but I do hope I will be able to post more regularly something other than book reviews.  But then again, summer is coming!!!  Thank you to all of you who still faithfully read my ponderings. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche