I'm Back, I think




I was just looking back through my blog posts and realized that May was the last time I wrote a blog post that wasn't a book review. That makes me sad because I do like writing blog posts. I write book reviews because I get free books for doing it, but I write blog posts because I enjoy the writing process. I don't count myself a professional by any means, but good grief, I won't improve if I don't practice.



 In fact, I just got a book off of NetGalley that I am super excited about. It's called "My Unedited Writing Life..." You can read more of my thoughts about it here. The reason I'm excited about it is that I want to use it to generate more blog posts that aren't book reviews and aren't just stuffy me-trying-to-fill-space posts either. I don't know yet what it will look like, but I certainly want to write more than once every 6 months.





A lot has happened since I last posted. Baking season has come and gone and it was a really good year. We felt very blessed by the success of it this year. We also felt very tired and ready to see it come to an end for another year, but give me another five months and I'll be ready to roll again, (no pun intended).



















We've also moved to a new location and as you can tell from the picture, the children are thrilled about it. They have so much more room to play, to spread their toys and to fight in. Of course, they still prefer to play within about 2 feet of each other, but hey, if they wanted to, they could spread out. Really and truly, I think the spaces of them playing nicely together or even by themselves are increasing. I have been noticing and thinking about how nicely they are playing together.

What is it about being on the phone that seems to bring out the worst in children? I tell my mom sometimes that my kids were playing nicely so I decided to call her because I knew they would start fighting and it happens SO often. And I don't think I'm even on the phone that much. But it does give me pause to make a call when they are playing nicely because I know the potential is right there.

So I have no idea how to feel about this, but I have the Grammarly extension on my computer to catch errors in my typing and just now it pops up to tell me what tone they detect in my writing. I seem to be aiming to write mostly a friendly blog post with a little informality and joyfulness thrown in. Serious? So what next? Are they going to tell me the state my house is in while I'm sitting at my computer as well? Because if they do, we are done, we can be friends no more. I know the state of my house right now and it isn't pretty. There are doll clothes and legos scattered all over the living room and it ain't a pretty sight at all. So, while I'm supposed to provide a thumbs up/thumbs down approval of their assessment, I no-can-do. I am not comfortable affirming this sort of behavior for fear they will only dig deeper into my personal life!! :) :)

And now, I should run off and heat up some good old Thanksgiving turkey. Is it even a legitimate Thanksgiving if you have no leftovers to eat for the next few meals?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche