Put Your Big Girl Panties On and Deal with It

Yep, I'm well aware that my title could be entirely inappropriate, but right now I'm not sure I care. But I might change it, but I don't know if I will change these sentences and then you will be left wondering what I originally put there. HA!!

So first off, try explaining the concept of a wedgie to a 2 year old who's complaining of something being in her butt. It's interesting and humorous, at least to her mom.

If you want to see how you handle criticism, list your car on Facebook. People are more than willing to tell you that you are asking too much money for your vehicle. They know nothing more than what the pics are showing, but they know that $3,000 is too much. Well, kudos to you. And guess what? We know that too, but since when do you actually put your actual selling price on items like this? Everyone wants to have the option of chewing you down, so we started high so they have that option. Then they can feel good about the deal they got and we can feel good that we sold it for what we wanted anyway. And besides? Why is it your business to tell us what our vehicle is worth? Had I been wondering, then instead of putting a price on the vehicle, I would have asked for people to comment on what they think the vehicle is worth and then we could have done a poll and drawn numbers and decided on a price from there.

And if you were to look at the actual car or on Craigslist, you would see that we also listed OBO, which means that we are not set on $3,000 for said car because yes we know that it's rusty and we know that it needs new tires. I chose not to list OBO on Facebook, because my observation of Facebook Buy and Sell is that people love to chew you down anyway, so I didn't think listing that as an option was really necessary. And after the comments, I was too stubborn to go back and add it in. It took an exercise in willpower not to comment sarcastically back. But in the end, I tried to put on my big girl panties and not take offense.

I'm also trying to do that this week as I deal with a large protruding belly that wiggles and giggles and contracts at random, leaving me pretty much constantly uncertain about when the D-Day is actually going to happen. Yes, I know I'm still early and I should just shut up, but hey read my title. It's what I'm trying to do. And what I'm trying to do as I send my husband out the door in the morning (wait, who am I kidding? I'm lucky enough to wake up well enough to say goodbye.) knowing he is going into the land of no cell phone service and from there he's heading about two or three hours from home. But I'm trying to be okay with it.

I will spend my week getting most of the last of my to-do list done. I cannot express enough gratitude to my sis-in-law for coming to help me for a day and a half this last week. We did applesauce and cleaned the kitchen. My appliances haven't shone like that ever!! It was a huge blessing.

There are other areas that I need to just grow up and deal with life too, but I'm not sure if I want to go into those right now. Things like realizing that people do things differently, people host differently, people respond differently, people do things differently than I do and that is okay. I can still love them and still be gracious to them. Yes, I can learn from them and try to do things differently for me, but I need to remember that what feels like inhospitality to me might just be their love language and how they feel they are taking care of people. That because people don't gush in the same manner I do doesn't mean they don't like the same things, etc. etc.

So basically what I'm saying today might be a rerun of what I said on my last personal blog post. We have a choice on how to respond and how to live with the life we've been given. I want to make the most of it. I want to face it with courage and joy, to put my big girl panties on and deal with what life hands me and walk the path with grace and courage and most of all, with Jesus.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

The Swindler's Daughter by Stephania H. McGee