Burden of Proof by Davis Bunn




This is one of those books that left me unsettled and unsure what to say. The themes in the story were good: second chances, redemption, love, but the plot was just not for me.  The writing was excellent, but there was quite a bit that left me with no idea of what was being said, the ideas discussed were way beyond my mental capacity.

Ethan and Adrian are brothers, but one has been killed and one is dying. (This is not a spoiler, it's on the back cover and within the first chapter.) The question being asked is why was Adrian killed? Offered a second chance, what will Ethan do? And this is the story line that left me confused and bewildered and unimpressed. I realized that I do not like science fiction type of stuff.

But the learning to love and appreciate people? That part I can understand and appreciate. So over all if you like delving into quantum physics and science fiction and that sort of thing, you will enjoy the whole books, but overall this type of book is not for me and not one I would knowingly pick up to read. This makes it difficult to rate as well because I know the writing is good, I know it is suspenseful and intriguing, but it's just not really for me. 

I received this book from Revell and was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche