Life Lessons and Love Languages by Gary Chapman

(I can't get the picture to upload for some reason)

What I've Learned on my Unexpected Journey

This is the life story of Gary Chapman, the person responsible for making "The Five Love Languages" a household word. He has written many, many books on the love languages and I have found them useful and helpful in my own relationships.

This is a small book, divided up into different segments of his life. There's a section on his early years, his school years, his marriage, career etc. There's not a lot of overlap in each section, so in that way the book could feel disjointed as far as understand what all was going on his life at one time. 

I enjoyed the book because I enjoyed reading some of his other books. It was interesting to hear how his own marriage struggled and prevailed because, without knowing it yet, he was putting the love languages to practice. 

If you don't know who Gary Chapman is the book might seem a bit dry. There's not a lot of flair to the story, but it's an amazing story of how God used one man, one couple to reach hundreds of people. While Gary and Carolyn were rejected from being the missionaries they longed to be, God used them to reach more people internationally than they ever could have as missionaries to another country. 

I enjoyed this story and if you want to know a bit more about the man behind the love languages, then I would recommend reading it.

I received the book from Moody Publishers and was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche