You Can Trust God to Write Your Story by Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth and Robert Wolgemuth

You Can Trust God to Write Your Story: Embracing the Mysteries of Providence  -     By: Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth, Robert Wolgemuth

Embracing the Mysteries of Providence

"Situations that seem confusing and chaotic to us are actually plot threads He is weaving together to create a story...a beautiful, compelling work of art."

"Your life and your story actually matter. They have meaning as you view them against the backdrop of God's ultimate Story."

This book is full of stories, stories of financial difficulty, marriages gone awry, sickness, death, and grief. So many stories were shared in these pages and to me, that made the book so much more readable and relatable. You can say all the right things, but until you have lived it, it is hard to know if those principles you claim hold weight in your real life. This book is about people who lived the hard things and walked victoriously through them. It didn't mean their lives turned out right in the end; there were sons who still lived away from family togetherness, spouses who were still unfaithful, health was still lost, and people still died, but through it all is an underlying thread of hope and faith in a God who cares and who loves and who provides a way through the difficulty, not always around it.

One thought that really caught my attention early in the book is the idea that in every circumstance I have two choices: I can whine or I can worship. And that is the clincher there: when hard times come, and they will, which direction do I go? Do I go upward to God in worship or inward to myself and whine.  I really need to work on my worship.

"The key to experiencing peace in the final pages of our life on earth is to trust Him in the earlier chapters."  This is another thought-provoking sentence. How my life ends will depend so much on how I lived it.

I really enjoyed this book. It's your typical inspirational book size, but there are two pluses to give it some aesthetic value: it is hardcover and it has a ripped page edge look, which I think enhances the beauty of the book.

I received this book from Moody Publishers and was not required to write a positive review.  All opinions expressed are my own.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche