God Made You Nose to Toes by Leslie Parrot and Illustrated by Estelle Corke




This is a fun little rhyming children's book that talks about the different parts of the body, hands, nose, knees, ears, etc. and something you can do with them. Like you can play with the sand on the beach with your hands, hear the various sounds around you with your ears, etc.

It's a beautiful padded board book with excellent illustrations. There's a toucan on every page and often a monkey pictured as well. The colors are vibrant and catching. My almost two-year-old really likes it. It would make an excellent gift for that 1-3 year old bracket. And maybe I will find as my daughter gets older that she will like board books longer than I think she will.

There's one thing I don't like and that is when Leslie talks about the hand, she says five fingers. It's a minor thing, but to me it's four fingers and a thumb, but I realize that wouldn't make a great rhyming story and maybe that's why she worded it that way.

I do like the emphasis put on God in the book. Leslie talks about God caring for us enough to know the number of hairs on our head. She also talks about the moon and stars being given by God, etc.

I just think this is a great book and am guessing I will get to read it many times unless I squirrel it away for a gift sometime. From what I can gather, the book was written back in 2002, but then newly illustrated in 2017, so if you go on Amazon the cover picture looks different.

This book was given to me by Book Look Bloggers. I was not required to write a positive review.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche