Return to Me by Lynn Austin

This was not a book I would have necessarily bought but it was given my by Bethany House Publishers to review and I am glad I read it.

The story takes place during the return of the Jews to Jerusalem from Babylon.  The main character is the prophet Zechariah.  The story starts when he is a young boy in Babylon and follows him on his journey to Jerusalem, through his growing up years, becoming a priest and ends with the dedication of the completed temple.

I am not generally a fan of Biblical fiction because I question how accurate it is and obviously we do not know how accurate this book was either, but I do like Lynn Austin as an author and I think she did a very good job of creating a realistic picture of the life as it likely could have been there.  I did do some reading in the Bible myself to see if the story jived, but it wasn't until I finished the book that I saw the list of chapters she used when writing the book.  If I had seen that earlier, I likely would have read them as I read the book to compare.  But from what I read, I thought she did a good job of weaving together a good story.  It makes me want to read the rest of the series to see how she pulls those together.

I would recommend this book to anyone wanting a good read with some Biblical basis to it.  Now I am off to start my next free book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fragrant Whiffs of Joy by Dorcas Smucker (It's Giveaway time)

PRECIOUS CHILD

With Every Memory by Janine Rosche